A Strong Immune System is your body’s Barracks. Maintaining a healthy system is a slow & tedious process, yet a fruitful one. If you’re unsure about where to start, Furlough HealthBytes presents 6 Things You can implement right now into your daily life. Stay Tuned for More!
Full Stack Audit | A Marketing Audit of the Wholeness Center
Wholeness Center’s Full Stack Audit
Full Stack Marketing
The role of a Full Stack Marketer is to devise effective full stack strategies for organizations.
Establishing the Wholeness Center as the foremost authority in Mental Health Care should be the ultimate objective of any full stack marketing strategy.
Full Stack Marketing is the effective combination of a range of digital marketing disciplines to achieve the business goals and objectives of an organization. These core disciplines include:
- Social Media
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Check out this Full Stack Marketing Guide to gain more insight into the full stack concept.
Full Stack Strategy
A Full Stack Strategy creates the best-fit combination of marketing disciplines tailored to the operations of an organization or brand. It amplifies the unique benefits of the products or services to win the favor of its target audience.
If an organization or brand desires the highest levels of success, no aspect of Full Stack Marketing must ever be done in isolation of a holistic full stack strategy.
The Full Stack Strategy is directed by the organization’s business and marketing strategy. It seeks to fulfill the goals and objectives of the business strategy.
The business strategy dictates the marketing strategy. The marketing strategy dictates the full stack strategy.
The Full Stack Audit is a continual assessment of the effectiveness of the full stack strategy.
This article presents an audit of the Wholeness Center’s online presence through the lens of a full stack marketing perspective.
Wholeness Center – Alternative Natural Mental Health Care
Wholeness Center represents a new vision of alternative, natural, mental, and behavioral health care. It is the only mental health center in the country utilizing a model of collaborative care focused on treating the whole person through body, mind and spirit. All of their health care providers work under one roof to provide a whole-person approach. The result, much more effective treatment.
Wholeness Center provides innovative integrative healthcare solutions to treat:
- Sadness and depression
- Anxiety and Worry
- Family Conflict
- Developmental Disabilities
- School Problems
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention, Concentration and Learning issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Marital Problems
- Childhood Behavioural Issues
- Food, Eating, Diet and Weight Issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections) /PANS ( Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome)
The range of therapies include:
- Ketamine Treatment and Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP)
- Integrative Psychiatry
- EEG Brain Mapping
- Functional Medicine
- IV Nutritional Therapy
- Counseling and Therapy
- Nutritional support
- Mindfulness Therapies
- CBD Treatment
Full Stack Audit of Wholeness Center
Social Media Audit
“It is critical for any business to have a social media strategy.
The key is to have a strategy that is actionable and understands your customers; helps you converse with them about things that they care about, in the places or platforms where they are already hanging out.
The best strategies have consumer-led insight at their heart and make creating content, conversations and conversions much easier to generate.
And the bravest part of devising a successful social media strategy?
Consciously deciding where not to be and why” – Sejal Parekh, Brand and Creative Strategist.
Social Media Effectiveness
At present Wholeness Center is on five social media platforms:
The table below provides an overview of the effectiveness of the social media execution:
The stats reveal very low effectiveness in reaching and engaging with the desired target audience.
This points to a lack of an effective Full Stack Strategy.
Wholeness Center makes daily posts on Facebook. However, there is less than 1% audience engagement.
There is a major difference between the content a company thinks it should post and what actually appeals to the target audience.
The low engagement by the current following can be attributed to a couple of factors:
- The current posts are not of significant interest to them.
- There is a lack of differentiation and segmentation. Different people have different information needs. Content should be personalized to the different segments.
- They are not the ideal target audience.
The account designated as the official company account is in the name of one of the owners.
There should be a separate company account.
Full use is made of the following Instagram functionality:
Audience engagement is a tad better than Facebook with more likes and commenting taking place but overall engagement is still less than 1%.
A large majority of the content is focused on nutritional recipes. The recipe reels have the highest level of engagement when compared to other types of content.
This is an indication of a potential high engagement niche.
Further investigation, analysis and testing are required to confirm and exploit.
While the company tweets every other day the overall user engagement is less than 1%.
This is an indication of a lack of understanding of the Twitter target audience and their content interests.
YouTube & Pinterest Audit.
Both YouTube and Pinterest are inactive with the last video posted to YouTube in July 2017.
There is no doubt that the Wholeness Center can benefit from the huge potential of social media.
This requires a well thought out Full Stack Strategy
Develop a social media strategy aligned with the business strategy. This will provide an understanding of:
- The best social media platforms to focus on based on the business goals and objectives.
- The target audience on each platform, their content interests, and the types of content which will generate the highest engagement.
- The appropriate strategy for each platform.
SEO is the optimization of your website to ensure potential clients searching for your products and services online are:
- Able to successfully find you, and
- Once found, they are converted into leads, and loyal customers.
At a high level SEO is about two things:
- Effective organic (natural) search engine rankings
Effective organic search engine rankings typically mean appearing on page one of search engine results as 75% percent of people never go beyond the first page.
By organic (natural), I mean, all search engine results presented to the searcher that is not based on paid advertising.
- Understanding SEO’s role in attaining the goals and objectives of the business
True SEO measurement relates to business results and not just rankings. Rankings don’t matter if they do not result in the fulfillment of the desired business objectives.
There are many different dimensions to SEO that you need to understand to reap its true long-term benefits.
Wholeness Center’s SEO audit covers the following:
- Website Performance
- Website Errors
- Alt Image Tags
- Website Traffic
- Search Engine Rankings
- Website Authority
- Local SEO
Site speed is crucial to SEO health. It is a very important factor in search engine rankings. According to SEO experts like Neil Patel, 40% of searchers abandon a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Figure 1 above, provides an overview of the current performance of Wholeness Center’s website on both desktop and mobile devices. The diagram provides a summary average of the overall performance as well as a breakdown of the six main components impacting loading time.
The average performance for desktop is 1.26s. This is an excellent average. A closer inspection of the diagram however reveals the speed index requires some work.
The speed index shows how quickly the contents of a page are visibly populated.
It is currently 3.48s. Some tweaking is required to bring it under 3s.
Mobile performance requires the greatest improvement. Five out of the six main components impacting mobile loading time require improvement.
- Google’s free tool, Page Speed Insights, provides suggestions of how to improve the overall performance.
- Seek the assistance of a full stack marketer, if performance is still not up to par after implementing the Page Speed Insights suggestions.
An analysis of 159 pages of the website reveals 230 critical errors having a high impact on the SEO health of the website. See figure 2 & 3 below:
- Where possible increase the word count of the page. In general, the average web page that ranks on page one of Google contains 2200 words.
- Ensure every page on the website and blog has a meta description that is both relevant to the content on the page and is unique.
- Ensure that every website page has a unique title.
Alt Image Tags
There are 451 Missing Image Alt Tags (Text)
Search engines cannot interpret what images depict. An Alt Tag (Text) is a written description assigned to images. Search engines use the alt tag to determine what the image represents.
Alt Tags are a contributing factor to overall SEO performance.
- Ensure all images throughout the site have Alt Tags.
Organic Website Traffic
The estimated monthly organic visitor traffic to the website is 1,537 visitors. Organic means searchers who found the website through non-advertising search engine results.
Initial market research reveals at least 268,000 searchers a month throughout the USA, are looking for the services and education provided by Wholeness Center. Figure 5 below provides estimated data relating to one such search: “anxiety help”
An estimated 14,800 monthly searches are being conducted for “anxiety help” with the search term having relatively low SEO difficulty.
SEO difficulty is the level of difficulty to rank organically on page one of the search results when compared to websites already ranking on page one for the search term. It is measured on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being most difficult.
Another dataset, Google Trends, indicates that “anxiety help” is a very popular search term throughout the country with the term also having a high level of popularity in Colorado, see figure 6 and figure 7 below.
Figure 6 above, shows “anxiety help” with a popularity index range throughout the country of 71 to 100 between the period May 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021.
Google trends data measures the search interest or popularity of search terms on an index scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being most popular.
Figure 7 below shows “anxiety help” having a popularity index of 66 within Colorado for the same period.
Wholeness Center’s website is currently invisible to the 14,800 searchers seeking information on “anxiety help” every month.
Through more strategic SEO, there is a significant opportunity to expand awareness of the services and education provided, to a much larger audience within Colorado and the rest of the country.
- Conduct comprehensive keyword research to develop an in-depth understanding of the current search trends of the target market.
Search Engine Rankings
Currently, the Wholeness Center ranks on the first page of Google’s search engine results for the following search terms. They have an estimated monthly search volume of between 1000 and 2000 monthly searchers:
- Ayurvedic Healing
- Healing Ayurveda
- Ayurveda Healer
- Healing with Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Healer
- Ayurvedic Healers
- Health benefits of brazil nuts
While this is good, there are hundreds of thousands of searchers, searching for the wider range of services and education offered by Wholeness Center.
As highlighted in the previous section, Wholeness Center will not be on the radar of at least 268,000 monthly searchers, searching for the wider range of current services and education.
- Conduct comprehensive keyword research. This will provide insight into the existing potential of ranking for search trends related to the wider variety of services and education offered by Wholeness Center.
- Devise an effective keyword strategy.
Blogging when done right has a very positive impact on SEO performance.
The key to successful blogging is to:
- Create relevant, high-quality content.
- Optimize your content to the search trends of your target audience to rank effectively in the search engine results.
A review of Wholeness Center’s blog reveals the following:
- Relevant content which is not optimized for the search trends of the desired target audience.
- The need for much more relevant content to satisfy the current searcher demand. Lots more content aligned to the breadth of current search trends is required for the ideal target audience to discover and interact with the Wholeness Center.
- Approximately 138 blog pages have no meta descriptions.
Search engine results usually provide a description of each website result presented to the searcher known as a meta description. The meta description provides a summary of a web page’s content. It establishes initial confirmation that the page contains the information the searcher is looking for.
Meta descriptions are very significant in convincing searchers to choose to visit your website over another website presented to them in the search engine results.
- Search engine optimization of current blog content.
- In-depth keyword research of current searcher trends and creation of relevant blog content matching search trends.
- Establish an effective content strategy.
- Include meta descriptions for the blog posts.
According to HubSpot, the key to search engine ranking success is understanding how to build:
- Discovery and relevance.
“You build discovery and relevance by creating high-quality content on topics you want to be known for.”
“You build Authority by getting lots of high-quality inbound links (backlinks) to your website.”
“If your content isn’t relevant there is little chance of ranking no matter how authoritative it is.” If your website isn’t authoritative, then it has little chance of ranking, no matter how relevant it is.”
Not all links are equal. The higher the authority of the website linking to your website the higher the quality of the link and the better the overall impact on your website’s authority.
Domain Authority is a metric used to indicate a website’s authority. It is measured on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the highest authority.
Wholeness Center’s current domain authority is 30. A Domain Authority of 30 is good compared to the local competition. This is higher than most of the local competition.
A higher domain authority, however, is required to be recognized throughout the country, as the foremost authority in Mental Health Care.
Figure 8 and 9 below provide an overview of the current authority profile:
In figure 8, Wholeness Center has 289 referring domains. A referring domain is the number of unique websites linking back to Wholeness Center’s website.
While Wholeness Center has 3,336 backlinks they represent 289 websites i.e. there are multiple backlinks from the same website.
Remember, not all links are equal. The higher the authority of the website linking to you, the higher the quality of the link, and the better the overall impact on your website’s authority.
Figure 9 below indicates that 88% or 254 of all referring domains have a domain authority of 40 or less. The majority of these have a domain authority less than Wholeness Center. The ideal is to have websites with much higher authority linking back to you.
A deeper analysis of the referring domains with a domain authority of 50 or greater reveals:
- There are only 39 referring domains with a domain authority of 50 or greater.
- Ten of these are invalid or broken links. Broken links negatively impact user experience and overall SEO performance.
- 15 of these are web directory listings. According to the Search Engine Journal, “links from a web directory listing are a lot less influential than a super relevant contextual link from a high-authority site in your niche.” You can learn more about directories here.
- The remaining 14 referring domains providing relevant contextual links have a domain authority ranging between 52 and 86. This is the ideal, to have websites like these linking back to you. The more of these the better will be the SEO performance.
- Fix the broken backlinks where possible.
- Develop and implement an effective backlink strategy.
“Local SEO (local search engine optimization) is a series of actions and strategies designed to improve your visibility on Google and other search engines when people close to your physical location perform a search or when a search includes a specific location.” – Bright Local
Wholeness Center’s Local SEO is generally good and the website authority is better than most of the local competitors.
Our audit has revealed two initial areas requiring improvement:
- Name, Address, Phone (NAP) inconsistencies.
Six NAP inconsistencies have been identified on citation websites where the business is listed. See figure 10 below.
The number of 1-star reviews is more than half of the 5-star reviews and much more than any of the other levels of reviews. See Figures 11 & 12 below:
- Fix NAP inconsistencies across the various directories.
- Develop a clear understanding of the root cause of negative reviews.
- Devise a plan to reduce the percentage of negative reviews and avoid the reoccurrence of the ones that can be prevented.
Google search results display two types of results: organic results and paid ads. Paid ads are a great way to get listed on page 1 of the search engine results when competition to list organically is very high.
Wholeness Center does not currently run ads on Google or social media. Initial research reveals well-designed ad campaigns can be of significant benefit to Wholeness Center.
Figure 13 below, provides a clear illustration of this. Here we see the paid difficulty of various searches relating to “PANDAS” is much lower than the organic SEO difficulty:
At the time of writing this article no ads were appearing for these PANDAS search terms (See Figures 14 to 18).
This is a significant opportunity for Wholeness Center to appear on the first page of the search engine results for these search terms through ads.
The 712,800 searchers seeking information on PANDAS every month will see Wholeness Center’s ads on the first page.
The term “PANDAS” by itself can refer to the health condition, an animal, or a programming tool, see figure 14 below. Not all of the 712,800 searchers will be looking for information on the PANDAS health condition.
Figures 13 and 15 to 18, however, confirm that 39,800 searchers are searching for information on the PANDAS health condition every month.
Develop an ads strategy in alignment to the search trend data.
Email Newsletter Audit
A newsletter is an email that provides subscribers with content, updates and promotions of interest. It can help generate continuous traffic to the website by keeping your audience in tune with the pulse of the organization.
Email marketing when done right is one of the most effective forms of marketing in terms of:
- Performance results.
- Cost effectiveness.
- Return on Investment (ROI)
For every dollar spent, you have a potential return of between U$38.00 to US$44.00. This represents at least a 3800% ROI.
The infographics below in figures 19 to 21 created by Campaign Monitor and OptinMonster provide a clear insight into the effectiveness of a well-designed email strategy:
In essence, email has proven to be more effective in reaching its intended target audience than any other channel.
Initial Analysis of the newsletter reveals:
- It is in a mobile-friendly format.
- It provides links to the social media platforms and the blog.
- It meets the GDPR unsubscribe requirements by providing a clear and simple way to unsubscribe i.e. an unsubscribe link at the end of the newsletter.
- There is no confirmation that the sign-up process is successful upon completion of the subscription form.
- There is no email welcome series providing an introduction as to what to expect from the newsletter.
- There is no differentiation and segmentation of the target audience.
- Confirm successful sign-up when the form is completed.
- Create a welcome series, introducing the company, explaining the basics of the process, what one can expect to receive, and details on what you plan to do with the subscriber’s email.
- To improve engagement rates, create a section with a small number of “categories of interest” on the sign-up form. This will allow the segmentation of the subscribers according to specific interests. The segmentation will enable sending more targeted and relevant information to a smaller subset of subscribers. This in turn will increase the engagement rates of the newsletter.
- Develop an effective email strategy.
This Full Stack Audit reveals there is a significant online opportunity for the Wholeness Center to be established as the foremost authority in Mental Health Care.
The opportunity while definitely within reach requires a lot more work guided by the best fit Full Stack Marketing Strategy.
This Full Stack Marketing strategy will ensure:
- Implementation of the best-fit combination of Full Stack Marketing disciplines.
- Proactive analysis and measurement of the performance.
- Continual refinement of the Full Stack Marketing approach for viable long-term success.