Create Call To Actions That Actually Convert | Furlough Weekly
📅 [SEPT 20, 2021]
Its officially been one week since “fashion’s biggest night out.” The Met Gala is a fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY, featuring a whole host of celebrities, creatives and increasingly, influencers… 7 in fact!
With such scrutiny over who gets invited these events, there seems to be two opposing sides:
- The “we want to maintain exclusivity crowd.”
- And those who accept that influencers really do “influence,” with huge cultural grip on society.
The question is: Will the majority of people finally accept that influencing is a “real job” that matters for business growth? Or will influencers always be looked at in a negative light?
In this week’s issue:
- How To Create Call To Actions That Actually Convert
- The Best Way To Test Offers For Black Friday
- How To Make Money From Blogging
- Furlough Is Proud To Present…
- Digital Marketing Highlights You Should Know About
How To Create Call To Action’s That Actually Convert
A marketers favorite! A call to action (CTA) is a term for anything that encourages your customer to take an immediate action. Most often this refers to how words or phrases are used in sales scripts, advertising and web pages.
The problem is, the success from CTAs can vary greatly if you don’t know the best practices to follow.
One of our community managers, Ophir Gadot, took the time to go to the CRO channel and share some insights on how to increase your conversions and bottom line. Here are a few:
Consistency is king
Make sure you keep the same message on your CTA buttons. This will put the customer in the right frame of mind to take action as he scrolls down the page.
Don’t get carried away with copy
“If you have two equal options, the simplest one is the best option.”
Your copy needs to be easy to understand. Big words might seem impressive, but this can slow down the decision making process for your customer.
Think about positioning
Ever heard the saying “make it make sense?”
There’s some truth in that.
When you insert a CTA, place it where it makes sense for the customer to click. Be mindful of the customer journey. Placing it randomly, too late or too soon can turn the customer off.
This brings us to: The hard sell. No one likes to be harassed by sales people, so treat your customers how you would want to be treated. Try not to overuse CTA’s or you risk sounding desperate… and anyone who has ever dated knows that sounding desperate is a huge turn off!
Your Questions: Answered
Filadelphia asks: What is the best way to test offers in preparation for Black Friday?
- Make sure you are providing the best offers in your Black Friday and Cyber Monday campaigns as this is what customers expect.
- Start pushing top of funnel campaigns on paid channels to build your audience further.
- If your budget is limited Ophir recommends excluding Google Merchant, Google Search and Amazon.
Om asks: How can you make money from blogging?
- Once you build an audience start by selling your favorite products as an affiliate. Make sure these are relevant to the main subject of your blog, or you will develop a bad reputation in the eyes of your audience.
- Allow brands to advertise on your blog through banners and ads. The higher the traffic on your website, the more successful this will be.
- Collect leads and grow a database of customers. You can leverage this for advertising with other brands
Furlough is Proud to Present…
The launch of our new website is finally here! We have been waiting patiently for this gem to be dropped.
Furlough.com has a new look and some nifty new features for you to use. Let’s take a tour!
For those of you who want to increase their digital marketing knowledge you can find helpful blog post tutorials in our Academy section of the Furlough Website. These cover all you need to know about the digital marketing pillars.
We are here to connect digital entrepreneurs with apprentices and expects in digital marketing. Our mission is to help everyone reach their goals and make Furlough a platform for positive growth and collaboration in the community. You can find out more here.
Isn’t it annoying when you get FOMO? We’ve made sure you don’t miss out on any of our killer content. Now you can find your favorite content on our website if you missed something or need a knowledge refresher.
Let us know what you think about the new website!
STARTUP VS BUSINESS: Why building a business is different than building a startup.
EMAIL MARKETING: How to get the most out of Black Friday
ADVERTISING: The must watch trends for 2021-2022. Beware, this one is a goldmine!
CONTENT: Read this if you’re struggling to scale your content creation.
BRANDING: What makes a brand “luxury.”
Until next time, have a great week and smash those goals!