The Low Down On SMS Marketing | Furlough Weekly
📅 [Aug 9, 2021]
Good Monday Morning. Star Wars Fans: What’s the deal with Disney’s new themed hotel? At $6000 for a family of four and a two-night stay, do you think they are targeting the right audiences? Or is the right strategy somewhere in a galaxy far, far away?
In this week’s issue:
- The Low Down On SMS Marketing
- Stacking Up The Wins
🔎 Social Media
The Low Down On SMS Marketing
Did you know that SMS has an open rate of 98%?
And no, that’s not a typo.
It’s no longer a debate. Your business, whether it’s e-commerce or SAAS, needs to jump headfirst into this high converting marketing avenue.
Here are just a few of the advantages you will see from SMS marketing:
- It’s cost-effective. Especially in comparison to traditional marketing methods like newspaper or magazine advertising. If you’re a small business owner or new to the business world, it’s a fantastic way to dip your toe into your marketing investments.
- Reach your customers immediately. Time is always of the essence when it comes to ensuring your campaigns are successful. With SMS there are no materials to collect and no prints to wait for.
- Reach a wide demographic with one push of a button. Do you know anyone who doesn’t have a mobile these days? It’s a rare sight to see. Most people carry their phones with them at all times, so it allows you to stay close to your customers and become part of their world.
Sounds like a winning scenario doesn’t it?
Just ensure you proceed with caution. You do not want to land in the category of “annoying and desperate” brands.
Here are some pitfalls you should avoid falling into:
- Devaluing your brand with promotions that don’t make sense.
- Sending out texts at the wrong time. Imagine being woken up at some ungodly hour by Jim and his “morning shave kit” super sale. Yeah, not good.
- Forgetting to consider the legal implications or opt-in/opt-out. Ouch, this one could really hurt.
Use this best practices guide to start your own SMS campaign…and get a leg up on your competition.
Stacking Up the Wins
Part of the culture here at Furlough heavily involves empowering our community members to cultivate their skills and become go-getters in the marketing space. So, when we hear good news from our members we want to shout about it!
We’re so excited to announce that our copywriting queen and financial savant Zadie has scored a position with Stacked Marketer.
Yes. We said Stacked Marketer.
We’re wishing Zadie a huge congratulations and, although she’s humble, we know she’s going to kill it in the space.
So the question is: Who will be the next to announce big moves in the Furlough community?
It could be you.
BRAINTEASER: What has cities, but no houses; forests, but no trees; and water, but no fish? See the answer here.
- YOUTUBE: Want to learn what it takes to be insanely successful here? You might want to take notes from the highest-paid influencer. In short, you’ll be surprised.
- EXPERIMENTAL MARKETING: KFC is offering a brand new way to eat fried chicken. Check out their newest marketing tactic.
- TIKTOK: Despite Twitter’s recent fail with Fleets, this company is taking up the mantle and starting its own version of stories.
- PAID ADVERTISING: New to pay-per-click advertising? This guide will help walk you through the setup process to save you time…and nerves.
Until next time, may the force be with you.